hungarian Customs Regulations
Hungary Customs Information
The following may be imported into Hungary by persons over 16 years of age without incurring customs duty:
• 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 100 cigarillos or 250g of tobacco.
• 1l of spirits, 1l of wine and 2l of still wine.
• Gifts to the value of Ft27,000.
• Up to 1kg each of coffee, tea, cocoa and other spices (excluding paprika and paprika mixtures).
• Cameras, non-professional video camera, laptop computer, personal stereo, CDs and photographic films (up to 10 rolls).
Note: Pets must have health and vaccination certificates, dated no more then one week prior to arrival.
Abolition of duty-free goods within the EU
On 30 June 1999, the sale of duty-free alcohol and tobacco at airports and at sea was abolished in all of the original 15 EU member states. This has been extended to the 10 new member states that joined the EU on 1 May 2004 and the two states that joined on 1 January 2007, with some exceptions, for example those returning to the UK can bring back a maximum of 200 cigarettes. Travelers should note that they may be required to prove at customs that the goods purchased are for personal use only.
Hungary Customs Website: http://vam.gov.hu/